Tuesday, January 24, 2012

2nd Blog (Elliott Stewart GS 490)

I’m now starting to become comfortable with common tasks handed down to me on day to day bases. When answering the phones I confidently respond with the proper greeting while getting the information from each caller to determine what to do with them. It feels good to be confident and I think it projects to the people who come in to the office. I hope they feel that the information I give them is correct and they can count on it.

One thing I did especially like this week was when I started to eat lunch with the whole office and got to talk with them about other topics other then work. All of us are up to date on current affairs and especially dealing with politics and it’s very interesting to be able to discuss the issues. I do get to do this in my classes but it’s not always so in-depth because the teachers don’t want to be bias and they also have their points that they have to make.

Something I do need to work on learning the names of all the employees better. With it being a campaign everyone is in and out of the office and from meeting to meeting. I can tell I’m doing better with the workers that I work with directly but I still need to look up some names or ask about them. I look forward to the upcoming weeks because the campaign will start appearing at more events and I will have the opportunity to attend some of the events.    

No comments:

Post a Comment