Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Elliott Stewart GS 490 blog

This week at my internship has really slowed down. The congressman that I'm representing has lost his competition for the primary. The other guy who was going to oppose him dropped out because he didn't complete his petitions to be placed on the ballet. Those very same petitions I have been working with during my time  as an intern. That made me realize that the work I'm doing at first might not seem extremely exciting but its very important to the overall goal. 

Now that we don't have to worry about debates with a same party candidate, the campaign is starting to focus on the future goals for when the election starts to heat up. There is a lot of talk about fund raising and planning events for public recognition. I've kind of went back to the normal work answering phones, doing trips to the post office, and interring and interpreting data. I’m still enjoying my time during the internship and I would recommend to everyone to take the opportunity to work in their field because it’s helped me see what life after college would or could be like in the real world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment